GROWING WITH MATHEMATICS - Elementary Math Program K-5

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Topic 4.14

To review navigating the two hundreds chart we played a relay game. I drew three grids on the board. (Tic Tac Toe style) Each one had only number filled in. I divided the class into three teams. The first team to successfully fill in their grid won. We played three or four times and the children got better and faster at filling in the grid. They started to see the patterns. The teams were allowed to help teammates so that a struggling child was not embarrassed if he/she still didn't quite get it. This was a simple to construct and play game that didn't require any laminating! Please feel free to email me if my explanation was not clear.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Joy,

That sounds awesome. I'm sure that your students' number sense was greatly improved after that activity!

Jeff